Single Stats in the US, 2016
Unmarried and Single Americans Week: Sept. 18-24, 2016
• 109 million: The number of unmarried people in America 18 and older in 2015. This group made up 45 percent of all U.S. residents 18 and older.
• 53% :The percentage of unmarried U.S. residents 18 and older who were women in 2015; 47 percent were men.
• 63% : The percentage of unmarried U.S. residents 18 and older in 2015 who had never been married. Another 24 percent were divorced and 13 percent were widowed.
• 19 million:The number of unmarried U.S. residents 65 and older in 2015. These seniors made up 18 percent of all unmarried people 18 and older.
• 88: The number of unmarried men 18 and older for every 100 unmarried women in the United States in 2015.
• 59 million: The number of households maintained by unmarried men and women in 2015. These households comprised 47 percent of households nationwide.
• 35 million: The number of people who lived alone in 2015. They comprised 28 percent of all households, up from 17 percent in 1970.
4 Critical Reminders about Singles in Your Congregation by Sara Beth Fentress, Lifeway
When I placed the silver “True Love Waits” ring on my 15-year-old finger, I never dreamed I would still be single into my 40s.
It honestly didn’t even cross my mind. Growing up in the south, expectations included getting married in your early 20s so you can begin adulting and start your own family. In retrospect, I didn’t even have a category for people like me. Today, most churches still don’t have a category for people like me.
For a variety of reasons, prolonged singleness is on the rise in modern societies. Please consider a few simple reminders and suggestions from a single woman living in a Christian culture that idolizes marriage and family. If you’re single, keep reading; I’ve included some truth in love for you, as well.
1. UNDERSTAND WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES US ABOUT SINGLENESS AND MARRIAGE. Read More
US Single Stats including race
What Singles Need from Church, interview of Kris Swiatocho by Right to Real Love Christian Radio
Part 1: http://righttoreallove.com/what-singles-need-from-church-part1/
Part 2: http://righttoreallove.com/what-singles-need-from-church-part2/
Part 3: http://righttoreallove.com/what-singles-need-from-church-part3/
Part 4: http://righttoreallove.com/what-singles-need-from-church-part4/
Singles and the Church
Singles: A Vital Part of Our Church by Ed Stetzer
The Overlook Gift of the Spirit by Kris Swiatocho, published by Charisma Magazine
Even the Church is Struggling With Porn Addiction
I just listened to an interview that the head of Trunews had with his son on the issue of porn. The statistics are shocking! 68% of men IN THE CHURCH and 50-54% of PASTORS are addicted to it, i.e. view it on a regular basis. Here is the interview and the website for a dvd series on overcoming the addiction by a renewing of the mind...as Paul says. It cannot be "just stopped"...as it actually does change the physical makeup of the brain. Please take time to listen and discuss with the head of the Men's Ministry.
https://www.trunews.com/article/trunews-tv-november-2-2017 (Interview, problem, and statistics)
https://conquerseries.com/ (program/materials website)
Stats/PowerPoint on Singlesness
New Resource in the UK: www.SingleFriendlyChurch.com
Reaching and Growing Young Men
Focus on the Family: Lisa Anderson
Listen to video broadcast on Cohabitation featured on Focus on the Family by Lisa Anderson, Director of the Boundless (online magazine geared towards young adults wanting to date and get married).
Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. Sheri Denham
Boundaries in Relationships
Dr. John Townsend shares on having boundaries in relationships. Dr. Townsend and Dr. Cloud are the authors of "Boundaries in Dating." Great free youtube video series.
Great powerpoint resource for stats on singleness the you can use to present to your church/pastors/leaders.
Stats on Singleness
Click above to be taken to the National Singles Assemblies of God website to view the video. Great resource to share with your church/ministry on the stats of singles in your church and community.