Vivacious. Knowledgeable. Passionate. That's Kris Swiatocho, Director of Kris Swiatocho Ministries and The Singles Network Ministries. Kris has served in ministry in various capacities for the last 30 years. An accomplished trainer/mentor author, Kris has a heart to reach and grow people so they will in turn reach and grow others.
If you've ever heard her speak, you know that Kris is the kind of speaker that keeps the crowd captivated, shares great information, and motivates people to make a difference in the lives of those around them!
Kris is a graduate of North Carolina State University with a bachelor's degree in Environmental Design/Visual Design. She has also received some graduate training at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, been an affiliate staff member with Campus Crusade for Christ, taken leadership development courses, and coordinated singles ministry conferences, workshops and seminars.
Kris is a featured writer for "Crosswalk.com" and "Pastors.com." She has also written for or been featured in Single Matters, The Life of a Single Mom, Arise Ministries, Charisma Magazine, Cook Ministries' "SAM Journal," and "Lifeway's "Christian Single and Home Life Magazine," and numerous online blogs and websites.
Kris is the author of 5 books/studies including: "Jesus, Single Like Me", "From the Manger to the Cross, The Women in Jesus' Life", "31 Day Experiment: Singles and Relationships," co-authored with Dick Purnell of Single Life Resources, "Everyone Knows a Single Adult: The FAQs of Single Adult Ministry", co-authored with Dennis Franck, Former National Director, Assemblies of God and her most recent "Walk the Line Bible Study" for all audiences. She is also the author of "Leaders That Last" leadership curriculum.
Flyer to download and print to give out.
Flyer to download and print on reaching singles in your church.
Kris Swiatocho is probably the best speaker, the most encouraging and insightful communicator to singles that I have ever heard, hands down! Kris is single and really understands singleness. She has a caring heart and insightfulness because of this. I have personally known Kris for over 10 years now. She is a wonderfully talented, funny & truly gifted communicator. Our singles love it when Kris comes to our church and loves even more when attending events that she has put together and will be leading. I have had the opportunity to work with Kris on leadership for the National Singles Labor Day Retreat in North Carolina for the past 10 years. I recommend Kris Swiatocho to you & your church as a speaker, equipper, trainer or just to encourage your singles or church. She always presents the message of the gospel in an energetic way to up-lift others and Jesus.
So, what was so great about 2020?
By Kris Swiatocho
I am sure like most of you, you would rather forget 2020. In fact, you aren’t sure 2021 is going to be much better. I have decided the best way to see the value of 2020 is to view it through God’s eyes. What has God done for me personally and through the ministry despite?
• All my personal speaking work getting canceled, losing income and having to cancel our annual singles and leaders retreat, God continue to provide donations and other resources to help offset the loss. He also opened door to speak via Zoom through ministries all over the world.
• Birthday parties, weddings, friends and family gatherings, Church, small groups and even funerals having to be delayed or canceled, people came up with creative ways to connect whether it was driving by with waves from the safety of their cars, having much smaller groups, meeting outside, and/or digital solutions.
• Not being able to hug or touch as much as we would like. We learned how to use our elbows, wave from a distance, send cards again, and emailed/text virtual hugs. I love where I heard one family put up a plastic sheet and let different family members hug their grandparents.
• Having to cancel my annual mission trip to Europe to minister, God used me to speak using Zoom which opened up even more doors for more people around the world.
• Having to wear those horrible mask and stay 6 feet apart. It’s got me spending more time outside, walking and hiking with others, mask-free.
God has kept reminding me in 2020, that:
• He is still in control.
• He is still on the throne.
• The message hasn’t changed, but some of the methods have had to be adjusted.
• He is waiting for more to come to Him.
• He is waiting for more who say they are believers, to show it, by really to living it out.
• He is waiting for more leaders and pastors to focus on what is really important and let go of what isn’t.
What about me personally, what has God showed me in 2020?
• God has showed me his love in so many ways.
• God has provided financially, emotionally and Spiritually.
• God has helped me focus on what really matters including certain people.
• God has taken away those things that have been distracting me.
• God has given me rest, hugs (from those who were ok with it), friends and family that love me.
• And yes, I have had to make some adjustments, but as long as God is with me, I can do anything. Matthew 19: 26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
MINISTRY WISE: Despite Covid and Even Because of it…
• People have continued to pray in person, by email and facebook as well as through receiving our weekly prayer emails. (Join our weekly prayer team), click here: https://www.thesinglesnetwork.org/contact.html
• People have volunteered by leading Bible studies, hosting zooms meetings, leading zoom discussions, editing articles and so much more.
• We all learned how to use Zoom, connecting with more people than ever before.
• We were able to host many Zoom conferences to folks in Europe including Wales, UK, and Slovakia.
• We started an online Zoom Bible study in March that has continued through today. We have reach singles all over the US.
• We started/finished a European Zoom Bible study; again, reaching married and single people from various countries.
• We started Live Facebook on Sunday’s. It started as a way to keep folks connected but has continued. We speak on all kinds of life topics, interviewing pastors, plus offering encouragement and prayer. Some of our videos have 2000 plus views.
• We have witnessed churches and ministries coming up with new ways to stay connected. Some churches have started meeting in person but also offering zoom and facebook live connections.
• While we had to cancel our Labor Day Singles and Leaders retreat; we stayed connected as a team; and as friends. We even added new leaders for 2021. It has made us stronger as a ministry.
• We have continued training and encouraging leaders all over the world meeting via Zoom or by phone.
• We have seen a hunger for the word of God. I have personally given out 50 of my own written ministry tracks (while on a recent tour) of one of my stories of redemption and forgiveness.
• We have seen more people get saved, more Christians getting serious about their faith and more leaders make changes in what is really important in their ministries.
• My new book with Pastor Dan Houk (Intentional Relationships) got a much-needed push to finish. We are almost ready to press. Several people read preliminary copies. We got 3 major positive reviews from National Ministry Organizations and Authors: Ron Deal, Jennifer Maggio and Lisa Anderson (Focus on the Family)
• We have conducted even more radio and TV interviews than years prior.
• We continued to see an increase of those reading, downloading and using The Singles Network Ministries website.
• I traveled earlier this year to Texas and back, speaking in various states. Then had another small tour this past fall that including driving through 18 states. God really focused me on speaking and meeting with who he wanted me to meet with.
• People continued to provide financial support, even beyond expectations. Some of this support helped towards a new vehicle (my old one had 240,000 and was on its last leg), a new cell phone and new camera for the ministry so that Zoom and producing videos are of better quality. (If you would like to help keep this ministry going/partner with us, click here, https://www.thesinglesnetwork.org/support.html
So what would God have you write down for what He has done for you in 2020. Like the old song, “Count your Blessings Name Them One By One,” what is God asking you to count?
Thank you for your support and care for The Singles Network Ministries and Kris Swiatocho Ministries. We could not make it without you.
Arthur Keeley, Singles Pastor
McGregor Baptist Church, Ft. Myers, FL
Rev. Tom Harris, Executive Director
Interim Pastors Ministries
Note: Pastor Tom is also on the board for www.KrisSwiatochoMinistries.org
Missy Honeycutt, Admin to Labor Day Singles Retreat
Steve Harris, Strategic Coordinator
Baptist State Convention, NC
Dan Houk, Campus Pastor
Bayside Church, Sacramento, Santa Rosa Campus
© 2021 The Singles Network Ministries
--638 Spartanburg Hwy Ste 70-113
Hendersonville, NC 28792 —919.434.3611 Kris@TheSinglesNetwork.org
Designed by Yes! Marketing & Design Services
Would you be willing to help by giving us a donation? Every penny makes a difference.