Teamwork has been around this the beginning of time. Where would we be without teamwork? Where would we be without people learning how to get along, using their talents, their gifts, and their ideas to make things better. Where would we be in technology, invention, industry, and life without teamwork? Well teamwork that works?
Well, not much would get done--it would simply be a mess. So why do some teams work and other do not. Successful teams work because of the people on the team wanting it to work. They know its not just about your ideas but also listening to the ideas of others. It's about sharing and supporting, encouraging and empowering others. So where does great teamwork model come from? Although the secular world would love to take the credit, they would be wrong for all teamwork comes from God. The first successful team was God and Adam, then Adam and Eve..all the way down to you and God. Your relationship with God is your example of how to be a team player elsewhere.
Recently I have been working hard to develop my local singles ministry team called Connect 4 (www.singlesconnect4.com). We came together with one idea of community, of connecting to God and each other. It's amazing of how much we have accomplished in such a short time. We are truly a successful team. We are truly iron sharpening iron. But God also remind me of some other teams I am on.
1. I am on a Christian team of fellow believers all over the world. I know I am not alone in this walk, this journey to reach the lost for Christ.
2. I am on a church team, working together to minister and reach others for Christ. What a joy to serve along side single and married, young and old, lost and saved.
3. I am on a ministry team of The Singles Network/From His Hands where I have a board of advisors who help guide and direct me in this ministry. There is also the team of fellow leaders in ministry that use the resources of my sites to build their ministries.
4. I am on a prayer team of my ministry, praying for not only my needs but the needs of the ministry.
5. I am on a friendship team where my friends join me in my walk with the Lord--through thick and thin. They support me, encourage and listen to me.
6. I am on a family team. A team though at times have struggled, we have always stuck beside each other.
What an honor to serve on a team. Remember, the success of the team has to do with its players, their attitudes, support and willingness to help. How successful are your teams.